Book this tour and go on a journey back in time and explore the Blue Mosque and Sultanahmet Square, which is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage. Discover the city's centuries-old Byzantine and Ottoman heritage, learn about Istanbul's rich history from your official licensed guide, and get a sense for the culture, both past and present.
Discover Byzantine and Ottoman relics
Learn more about the fascinating history of Istanbul
Discover some of the city’s most important historical sites
Get a sense for the culture both past and present
Explore the Hippodrome with its two obelisks and the Serpentine Column
Visit the German Fountain, a gift from the German Emperor Wilhelm II
See the magnificent Palace of Ibrahim Pasha
Stroll through the courtyards of the Blue Mosque
Step inside the beautiful Blue Mosque and stay inside as long as you want
Meet your Istanbul Welcome Card guide in front of the Hagia Sophia and start your walking tour on the Historic Peninsula, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985. During this tour, we will discover all the historical buildings from outside that surround the ancient imperial square of Istanbul. Between the monuments, your guide will take you through the ages of Istanbul - from antiquity to modern times.
- First, we visit the Million Stone: The Center of the world, which takes us far back in time to the Byzantine Empire.
- Continue with a walk to the German Fountain - a gift from the German Emperor Wilhelm II to Sultan Abdulhamid II from 1898.
- Next, see the Palace of Ibrahim Pasha, an Ottoman imperial court residence built in the 16th century.
- Afterwards, we will visit the Hippodrome, which was the center of political and sporting life in Istanbul during the reign of the Roman and Ottoman Empire.
- Finally, admire the world-famous Blue Mosque, one of the most splendid and largest Ottoman mosques in Istanbul. Built in 1616, the sacral building with its six minarets characterizes the skyline of the city and is considered a masterpiece.
- The tour ends in the courtyard of the Blue Mosque, where you can enter the mosque with the famous blue Iznik tiles and see it from the inside.
Starting – Ending Point:
Hagia Sophia > Blue Mosque
The tour ends in the courtyard of the Blue Mosque, enter the Blue Mosque with the famous blue Iznik tiles and discover the masterpiece of architecture on your own pace.
Rebooking & Cancellation Policy:
You have missed your meeting time? No problem, you can come to our next meeting time or day. You want to cancel? No problem, you can cancel your reservation anytime and get your refund.